|Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia|
|Link||Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia BTSC threads|
|Size||13 Players (Medium)|
|Start Date||March 1st, 2018|
|Winning Faction||The Mechon (Indy)|
|First to Die||Araver|
|Last Remaining||DarthMask, Marquessa, sparrowhawk, dee|
Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia was a game designed and hosted by Machina based on the video game Xenoblade Chronicles.
It began on March 1st, 2018 and ended in an Indy win on N5 (March 9, 2018).
- Tie lynch: D1 nobody dies, D2 onwards all players in the tie die.
- You will be told if blocked, even if no action was prevented.
- You will not be told if your block was successful or not.
- You will be told if your redirect was successful.
- Redirect fails if target was not taking any action.
- You will not be told if redirected.
- Zanza's ODTG kill will bypass Dunban's delayed death, Egil's night immunity, Reyn's save and Sharla's save.
- ODTG abilities are used up even if the effect is blocked or otherwise fails.
- The baddie RID kills do not require both guesses to be correct. However, only correctly-RID'd targets will die.
- In the event Riki targets Dickson, Riki's vote manip overwrites Dickson's for the upcoming day, forcefully locking Dickson's vote to x3.
- Egil's role spy is always accurate.
- As Egil's kill is uncarried, it cannot be blocked.
- Redirects on beep spy will change their FIRST target. The other two will remain unchanged. If this forces the beep spy to target the same person twice, then they are counted twice.
What shows in the night post:
- Successful kills (Including the killing role responsible, and the type of kill)
- Unsuccessful kills (including those thwarted by a save, but not RID kills with incorrect RID guesses. What prevented the kill is NOT shown)
What shows in the day post:
- Lynched players' names and roles
- Dunban succumbing to his wounds
OOA: Alvis's BTSC establishment >> Redirect >> Zanza's ODTG unstoppable kill+block >> Block >> Spy (all types) >> Riki >> Save >> Kill (Including the baddie NK, RID kills, and Egil's hybrid kill+spy)
- The Heroes of Bionis (Goodies) - Wincon - Thwart Zanza's Disciples and put a stop to the Mechon threat. (Lynch/kill all baddies and Egil)
- Shulk - A Homs engineer from Colony 9, and wielder of the Monado, a strange sword-like weapon that sometimes grants him visions of possible futures. (Set of ODTG night abilities: Kill, save, block, faction spy)
- Reyn - Shulk's childhood friend. A jovial fellow, he is fiercely loyal to his companions and would gladly lay down his own life to preserve Shulk's. (Automatically saves Shulk every night. Can be blocked/redirected. When redirected onto a target other than Shulk, the visit has no effect. Knows who Shulk is.)
- Sharla - A medic from the Colony 6 Defense Force, and survivor from the Mechon assault on said colony. Fights to avenge her fallen comrades, including her deceased fiancé, Gadolt. (Save)
- Dunban - The previous wielder of the Monado and hero of the Homs. Lost the use of his right arm due to injuries sustained when the Monado rejected him as its wielder. (If killed at night, does not die until the end of next day cycle)
- Melia - The half High Entia, half Homs princess of Alcamoth, who is next in line to the throne. (Faction spy)
- Riki - The Nopon "Heropon" hailing from Makna Forest's Frontier Village. In reality, he is just fulfilling the role of Heropon to pay off massive debt to the village chief. (x3 vote manip. Target is picked at night and the multiplier is active the following day, even if Riki is dead. Cannot be used on self. Target is told their vote was boosted at the beginning of the day)
- Fiora - A childhood friend of Shulk and Reyn, previously believed to have been killed during a Mechon attack on Colony 9. In reality she was captured and her body was mechanized to serve Egil's ends, but she was later saved by Shulk and co. (Kill)
- Alvis - (A mysterious fellow with an odd manner of speaking. Served as Alcamoth's seer under the emperor, and seems to have ties to Zanza. (ODTG at night, may enter 1-on-1 private BTSC with a player of his choice. Appears baddie to spies)
- Random Goodie Spy - (One of the following roles will appear at random)
- Emperor Sorean - The current emperor of the High Entia and Melia's father. (Target spy)
- Juju - Sharla's little brother and leader of the Colony 6 restoration effort. (Follow spy)
- Chief Dunga - The leader of the Nopon and chief of Frontier Village. (Beep spy, choose 3 players each night. If exactly one is a baddie or Alvis, receives a "beep")
- Zanza's Disciples (Baddies) Wincon - Ensure the eternal cycle of death and rebirth continues unhindered. (Wipe out goodies and indy. Game will immediately end if indy is dead and the goodies cannot conceivably win under any circumstances.) Have BTSC and uncarried kill. May trade kill for 2 RID kills. (Can be saved)
- Zanza - The immortal soul of the Bionis. Considers himself a god and sees all other life as beneath him. (Cannot be killed at night. Appears innocent to spies. ODTG at night may boost the faction kill to an unstoppable Kill+Block that kills Dunban instantly, is still not carried and cannot be used when trading kill for 2 RID kills)
- Lorithia - The head of Alcamoth's Ministry of Research. She has secretly been scheming with Zanza to revert the other High Entia to their original, feral Telethia forms under his thrall, in exchange for her own immortality. (Redirect)
- Dickson - Dunban's old war buddy and Shulk's father figure. Actually a Giant in disguise, he has been subtly manipulating all the races of Bionis to his master's ends. (Block, Self vote manip x0-x2)
- The Mechon (Indy) Wincon - Destroy Zanza permanently by killing him and cutting off his energy supply, which includes all those unfortunate enough to have been born from the Bionis. (Be among the final 4. Game ends immediately on an indy win)
- Egil - An exile of the machine-like, humanoid Machina race originating from Mechonis. He has seized control of the Mechonis, betraying his own people and the soul of the titan itself, in single-mindedly pursuing the complete and utter destruction of the Bionis. (Has an uncarried kill+role spy every even night. Can kill every night once all baddies are dead. Cannot be killed at night. Appears innocent to spies. If killed by Zanza, Egil's RID is immediately revealed as he dies)
- dee - Egil
Day and Night Posts
|N1: The Beginning of the End|
Throughout Colony 6, there was an uneasy silence.
In light of recent revelations regarding the Bionis' opinion of its denizens, and with the threat of the Mechon looming over everyone's heads, tensions were high. Nobody felt safe. And for good reason.
Just before dawn broke, a swarm of the flying monstrosities known as Telethia descended upon Araver. Horribly outnumbered, he didn't last long.
|D1: The Traitor|
As the day following the vicious Telethia attack dragged on, the leaders of the various races inhabiting Bionis spent hours and hours debating on how to best proceed. But one member of the council was absent...
Right as the meeting drew to a close, the man responsible for uniting them all finally arrived, only to met by hostile glares from his so-called "allies." Dickson was no fool. They must have finally seen through his ruse. But as he spun around and attempted to run away, he found his path blocked by a man he knew all too well.
"Dickson! How could you!?"
Dunban hadn't wanted to believe it. But as Dickson attempted to pull his weapon on his former comrade, the hero of Sword Valley knew what had to be done.
|N2: Mechon Menace|
As night fell, Fiora found herself standing alone, overlooking Colony 6 as people retreated to their newly-built homes, and the moon slowly rose to its apex in the night sky. But then she caught a sudden movement out of the corner of her eye. Without time to think as Sparrowhawk rushed towards her, she drew her blades and moved to strike... But the ensuing clash ended without a victor, for despite Fiora's ferocity, her opponent ultimately escaped.
Once more, a swarm of Zanza's Telethia descended upon the colony. While the colony's new defense force managed to shoot down a number of them, several broke through and descended upon Hachi. As the dust cleared, the beasts were lying on the ground, unmoving, while Hachi was not.
As if all of the earlier commotion wasn't enough, the Mechon had also finally arrived. The ensuing battle between Homs and machine was a fierce one, and while the battered heroes and soldiers eventually managed to beat them back, it was not without casualties. Boquise had fallen.
Declarations and accusations thrown left and right, it seemed like the colony 6 survivors would never come to a conclusion... Until mounting paranoia and an itchy trigger finger resulted in a soldier's ether rifle going off. And so fell Lorithia.
Alas for Hachi, this sunset was to be his last as well. Wounded in yesterday's attack, he had stubbornly concealed his injuries and refused to seek treatment that he felt other wounded soldiers deserved more than he did. And by the time an angry mob had kicked down his door, believing him to be a traitor, all they found was a dead man. Their hero, Dunban.
|N3: The Power of a God|
As Phaze rounded a corner within colony 6, he found himself face-to-face with the last person he wanted to see. Hovering several feet in the air before him was a man identical to Shulk in appearance, bar only the radiant golden armor he wore. But there was no mistaking it, this was not Shulk. It was Zanza.
"Stubborn mortals...So desperate to cling to your pathetic lives...Even when there is NO HOPE FOR YOU!"
Phaze never even stood a chance. By the time someone else who had heard the commotion arrived on the scene, there was nothing left of Phaze, and Zanza had already vanished without a trace.
Another itchy trigger finger, another dead person. This time, it was Sharla.
|N4: Cricket Noises|
There was silence, and then...more silence.
Peace? No, this was little more than a brief lull in the conflict. Blood would surely resume flowing soon.
|D4: Egil's Last Stand|
Repairs and preparations were finally complete. Sitting in the cockpit of his personal Faced Mechon, Yaldabaoth, Egil had hooked up the mechon's body to the main systems of Mechonis' core, and he was now in complete control of the titan. Despite being poised to strike down the Bionis, Egil waited, and waited... That homs boy, the one who had been wielding Zanza's Monado...where was he? Eventually sun had begun to set, but Shulk never arrived.
"So be it... I'll crush the Bionis and spread its ashes across the world! Only then, will there be peace!"
Yaldabaoth raised its golden sword skyward, and the Mechonis followed suit, pulling its own massive weapon free from where it had struck the Bionis a very long time ago.
"This world...it no longer has a need for gods! Die, Zanza!"
The Bionis had just begun to move as well, but it was too late. With all the force it could muster, Mechonis brought down its giant sword directly onto the Bionis' head, sundering the other titan's upper body in twain.
|N5: Rise of the Mechonis|
Staring skyward as a massive shadow covered Colony 6, Alvis closed his eyes.
"I had hoped this would end differently. Shulk, my apologies."
The Mechonis' second blow carved through the remainder of Bionis, but Egil did not stop there, striking again, and again, and again... Until there was nothing left but scattered chunks of the second, once-great titan. In the end, what remained of the Bionis sank beneath the boundless sea, along with all those who had once called it home.
End of Game Roster
- Host: Machina
(Random goodie role: Chief Dunga)
- maurice - Alvis - Killed N5 by Egil
- DarthMask - Reyn
- Framm - Lorithia - Lynched D2
- Hachi - Dunban - Lynched/Died from wounds inflicted by Zanza's Disciples D2
- araver - Riki - Killed N1 by Zanza's Disciples
- Marquessa - Dunga
- onetruth - Zanza - Lynched D4
- Boquise - Melia - Killed N2 by Egil
- Hirkala - Sharla - Lynched D3
- sparrowhawk - Shulk
- Phaze - Fiora - Killed N3 by Zanza
- dee - Egil
- Insaner - Dickson - Lynched D1
|List of actions|
(Night was ended early due to nothing currently in play being able to stop Egil's kill)